Time is ticking! Before you know it, you'll be rushing into departmental stores, pushing through masses of people to grab gifts, decorations or even cooking recipes.
To avoid that hassle, be prepared and stock up early. Its not too early to start shopping for gifts and start learning recipes. We've got some brilliant recipes we would like to share with all of you, you'll love them!
Marshmallows. Yes, soft chewy pillows of sugary goodness. Our Homemade marshmallow recipe is easy to follow and assured to have your sweet tooth tingling with joy!
Total time: 8hr 30min (prep:20min, Inactive:8hour, cook:10min)
Yields 30-40 marshmallows
3 packages unflavored gelatin
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
1) Combine 1/2 cup of cold water in a bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and allow to sit while you make the syrup.
2) Meanwhile, combine the sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat to high and cook until the syrup reaches 240 degrees on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat.
3) With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour the sugar syrup into the dissolved gelatin. Put the mixer on high speed and whip until the mixture is very thick, about 15 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4) With a sieve, generously dust an 8 by 12-inch nonmetal baking dish with confectioners' sugar. Pour the marshmallow mixture into the pan, smooth the top, and dust with more confectioners' sugar. Allow to stand uncovered overnight until it dries out.
5) Turn the marshmallows onto a board and cut them in squares. Dust them with more confectioners' sugar.
Keep a look out for the next part of our christsmas blog posts! Enjoy your marshmallows!